We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our UAVARENA users:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use UAVARENA services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as your first and last names, email address, social media account names, your birthday, a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled "Sharing Your Information", you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. UAVARENA and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, UAVARENA cookie information, and the page you requested. UAVARENA uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- UAVARENA may collect and use information regarding the geographic location of your devices. If the location data contains your personal information, then UAVARENA will treat this location data in accordance with this Policy.
- UAVARENA may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While UAVARENA will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the website faster and better. We also collect geographic location data; this allows us to present a more personalized experience.
UAVARENA is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. UAVARENA may send out e-mails with UAVARENA-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from UAVARENA, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Location Information and Sharing
- When you upload a photo with geographical data (i.e. from a mobile device) or manually geotag your photo, the photo's location can be shown on a map
- EXIF Data
- Exchangeable Image File Format (“EXIF”) data is a record of the settings and other relevant metadata inserted by a digital camera when you take a photo or video such as camera type, aperture, shutter speed, focal length, and location, among other information.
- Unless you turn off EXIF data on your camera or device or remove it from the picture before uploading to UAVARENA, UAVARENA receives and stores EXIF data, By default, UAVARENA will display a link showing EXIF data about photos or video you upload. The link,shows on all your individual photo pages, and displays the make & model of the camera you used to take the shot. You can elect to hide this link in "Settings" under the “Privacy & Permissions” tab.
- Some cameras can store GPS (location) coordinates in a photo's EXIF header. If you like, you UAVARENA can import that data and use it to place your photos on your map automatically.
- A geofence is a hotspot on a map that has special default geo privacy settings. These are useful for locations such as "home" or "school" that you would like to make more private than your global default.
- You can also set your geo preferences to decide who can see the location of your photos by default. Further, you can change the geo preferences setting on individual photos by clicking on the map to the right of each photo
- We use image recognition algorithms to help you organize your photos and make it easier to search images. For example, the algorithms might identify and tag scenes, actions, objects, or public figures.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- You can delete individual photos that you have on UAVARENA by selecting the photos that you wish to delete, then clicking the delete button. Or you can delete groups of photos using batch operations.
- Visit your Settings to edit your profile, default privacy settings for photos, and more.